1) Age : Between 17 to 27 years as on 31.12.2020
2) The candidate must be a citizen of India and a permanent resident of the district of West Bengal uninterruptedly for at least five years preceding the date of submission of application.
3) Candidates must be able to read, write and express in Bengali.
4) Minimum Educational Qualification: Passed Higher Secondary Examination (10+2) from West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education or passed equivalent examination from any recognized Council/ Board with 40%.
5) Applications are to be made as per pro-forma of the Institute through online or offline on payment of Rs. 1,000/- for each application. All the columns are to be filled up properly. No application will be entertained if necessary documents are not furnished or not as per pro-forma.
6) Applications must be accompanied by Original/ self-attested photocopies (whichever is applicable) of each of the following documents. If any of the following documents is not submitted with the application, the application will be rejected (this will be followed strictly).
(a) Self-attested photo copy of Mark-sheet of H.S. Examination or equivalent examination.
(b) Age proof certificate – Self-attested photocopy of Admit Card or Certificate of Madhyamik or Equivalent Examination.
(c) Original Copy of the Residential Certificate as prescribed with the application form should be issued only by a Gazetted Government Officer of the concerned District where the candidate resides/ Sabhadhipati of local Zilla Parishad/ Sabhapati of local Panchayat Samity/ Pradhan of local Gram-Panchayet/ Mayor or Councilor of local Municipal Corporation/ Chairman of local Municipality/ Ward Councilor of local Municipality/ Local M.P./ Local MLA mentioning that the candidate has been residing there permanently or for the period of last five (5) years till date.
d) One recent colour self-signed passport size photograph which is to be affixed on the top right-hand corner of the application form.
(e) Attested copy of Character Certificate from institution last attended (school leaving)
(f) Self-attested photocopy of candidate’s own schedule caste/ schedule tribe/ OBC-A/OBC-B certificate (where applicable).
(g) Affix two self-signed passport size recent colour photographs of the candidate
(h) One self addressed envelopes (size 10” x 4.5”) affixing stamp of Rs. 45/- on the envelope
(i) Legal document in case of a widow, divorced or deserted candidate.
(j) One self-addressed envelope with requisite postal stamps pasted on the proper place.
7) To provide employment to the candidates, after completion of the training, is not to be taken as an obligation on the part of the Institute/ ICARE.
8) The provisionally selected candidates will be called for necessary medical checkup at our Dr. Bidhan Chandra Roy Hospital, Haldia. The candidates who will fail to appear on the specified date will not be reconsidered. Medically fit candidates will be called for the training according to serial number as per panel prepared for admission as per the selection procedure. There will be no obligation on the part of the Institute/ ICARE to ensure training to all medically fit candidates.
9) The selected candidates will have to undergo training in the Institute and they will have to undergo training residentially in the Institute’s hostel.
10) During the period of training if any unlawful activity or violation of rules and regulations of the training course is committed by any candidate, she will be discharged from the training course.
11) No individual intimation will be given to the candidate about rejection.
12) Bank details for online payment through NEFT:
Name of the account: Haldia Institute of Nursing Science
Bank with Branch Name : State Bank of India,
Branch : IOC Township, Haldia
Account No. : 34899688455
IFSC Code : SBIN0007089
Selection will be made strictly on the basis of total marks obtained in compulsory subjects [Languages out of which English must be one with 40% qualifying marks and Three Elective subjects (best three) except Environmental Education] with 40% qualifying marks in the H.S. (10+2) or equivalent Examination. The application of candidates from vocational stream will not be considered. Selection is subject to verification of mark-sheet from H.S. Council/ concerned authority and as per the admission procedure of the Institute. In case of science students candidates must obtain pass marks in both practical and theory separately and 40% in aggregate.
The merit list shall be prepared by aggregation of marks of counselling (10) & 90% of marks obtained in 10+2 examination (i.e. 10+90 = 100 in total). Other parameters being similar, candidates passed 10+2 with subjects of GNM relevant course like Physics, Chemistry, Biology & Nutrition besides aptitude will be given preference.
The candidates are to appear for counselling at the institute on their own arrangement and responsibility. Maximum 60 counselling shall be done per day by 11 am from 25.09.2020.
Important Dates :
Last Date of Issuing of Form & Prospectus :
11.09.2020 up to 2 p.m.
Last Date of submission of filled-in forms with all enclosures :
11.09.2020 up to 4 p.m.
Date of counselling* at Haldia Institute of Nursing Science :
From 25.09.2020 11am onwards, (max. 60 candidates per day)
* Scheduled of the counseling will be upload in the institute website