The Course Details
Diploma in General Nursing & Midwifery [GNM].
Duration : Three (3) years GNM training course including six month internship.
This three year course will include:
- Bio Sciences ( Anatomy & Physiology, Microbiology)
- Behavioral Sciences ( Psychology, Sociology)
- Nursing Foundations ( Fundamentals of Nursing, First aid)
- Community Health Nursing ( CHN-I, Environmental Hygiene, Health Education & Communication Skills, Nutrition)
- Computer Education
- Medical Surgical Nursing-I
- Medical Surgical Nursing – II
- Mental Health Nursing
- Child Health Nursing
- Midwifery & Gynaecological Nursing
- Community Health Nursing-II
- Co-curricular activities
Integrated supervised Internship in the third year will include:
Theory Subjects of Nursing Education, Introduction to Research and statistics, Professional Trends & Adjustments, Nursing Administration & Ward Management
Clinical Areas like Medical Surgical Nursing, Community Health Nursing, Child Health Nursing, Midwifery and Gynaecological Nursing and Mental Health Nursing.
Schedule for Final Examination Each Year
Prescribed application form for appearing in the final examination each year to be held by the West Bengal State Nursing Council shall be submitted prior to the date of commencement of examination along with the prescribed examination fee through the head of the Institute as may be required by WBNC.
The candidates after successful completion of the course shall be registered with Indian Nursing Council, New Delhi as per the procedure.